The Department of Mechanical Engineering has been functioning since the inception of the college. The department, with the team of highly qualified and talented faculty members works to offer quality education in Mechanical Engineering. The department offers B.E. in Mechanical Engineering and M.E. in CAD/CAM. The department has signed Memorandum of understandings (MoU) with the leading industries to bring in real time exposure through industry-institute interaction. The Department is committed to provide high quality education in the field of Mechanical Engineering, emphasizing on Industrial applications to tomorrow’s technocrats.
To offer quality education and training to students of mechanical engineering building in them the required competency for taking decision in the practical field with emphasis on quality and ecology and to develop a centre of excellence with continuous improvement in mechanical engineering.
Providing suitable teaching methods and adequate high quality focused education in thrust areas of mechanical engineering like energy, newer materials and cae etc.
Providing training in problem solving, assisting in analytical skills and developing technical expertise to the students to meet the challenges of new millennium.
Long Term Goal
Short Term Goal
- A Postgraduate and Research Centre With Different Disciplines Specialized in Industrial Consultancy in the areas of Thermal, Design and Manufacturing
- To Excel in University Exams with 50% Distinctions and 50% First Classes
- To attain 50% Placement in Industries, 10% Higher Studies Abroad, 15% Higher Studies in India and 10% Entrepreneurs
- To Accomplish Quality Teaching & Learning process
- To Achieve 90% Overall Results
- Get Exposed To The State Of The Art Laboratory Test Equipments
- To Obtain Maximum Possible Practical Training
- To Conduct 3 Industrial Visits for the students Per Semester
- To Support at least 4 Industry Oriented /Sponsored and Consultancy
- CAD/CAM Software Training and Industrial Consultancy Projects, to enhance Institute-Industry Interaction
- Introduce Short term Courses in Automobile Engineering, IC Engineering and IC Engine Filtration as Part of Continuing Education